Yang San Lang (1907-1995) was born in Yunghe,Taipei County. He graduated from The Kansai Institute of Art (Kansai Bijutsu-in) in 1928. His works were selected for inclusion in The Taiwan Exhibition of Art (“Taiten”) and the Shunyo-ten in Japen. After returning to Taiwan, he continued studying painting with his friends Chen Chih-chi and Chen Cheng-po. In 1934, after a period of study in France, he and seven others, including Li Mei-shu and Chen Ching-fen, formed the Taiyang Fine Art Association, and they poured their energies into promoting Taiwanese art. His works, heavily influenced by the French Impressionists, show a gently romantic and realistic personal style. Most of his paintings are landscapes,showing scenery in different seasons, but he also executed still lifes and portraits. The palette is very bright and varied. He received a “National Award for Arts” for Special Contribution and an Executive Yuan Culture award, and he served for a period of time as the Director of the Taiyang Fine Arts Association. In 1995, he received a First Degree Huahsia Award by Presidential Order.